And so it was not gastric flu!
When I ended my post this morning, it wasnt mean to end that way. I wanted to go on and on abt the trip and how we'd monitor her gastric flu. But her situation doesnt seems any better as suggested by the doc and that was really worrying!
Dug Daddyhan from his deep sleep and made him drove us down to KK for a review.
At 1st I was still hoping that it could be that she couldnt poop, so had the doc to insert suppository. She pooped eventually, but her abdominal pain remains. Not only that, it seems to have intensified. Decided to admit her with advises from the doc, tho I was still secretly hoping we can still make it for the trip.
Anyway, it is the best choice I have ever made. She was later diagnosed with intussusception and had to have an air enema done immediately. I read up on it and realised the pain is excruciating for her condition. Im so glad we gave up on the trip to stay for hospital examinations instead. The procedue was a success and we gotta monitor for 24hrs to make sure there is no reccurence. Looks like we'll prob have to stay for another 1-2 days.
She is back to her chatty shelf, albeit a v grouchy one. At least she is showing some smiles now! I am so so so happy n relieved. However, its pretty hard to lay her down to sleep and she insisted to be carried. I guess she must be badly trumatised by the things done to her today.
So happy to see her sleeping so soundly in her ugly metal cot now.
Im so sleepy, but daddyhan is sleeping on my bed.. looks like I'll have to sleep here by the laptop. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment