WOW!
Its been a damn long hiatus isnt it?
Been really busy with work, and now that Im back to a full time SAMH, no reason for me to neglect my blog anymore.
I miss this baby.
2009 been a great year for me.
Daddyhan suddenly showed interests in seeing showflats. Within 2 weeks of doing so, on the 20th Feb, he signed on the dotted line, having visited the showroom just a day before.
We shifted in our new place in late Oct.
We toured Athens, Milan, Venice, Florence and Rome with lyn. Our 1st holiday as a family that involves a plane.
The holiday was great, but lyn probably caught the stomach flu bug from Florence(I think its my fault for scooping spaghetti with my fork which had come into contact with the mid rare steak I ate). The day she reached Rome, she suddenly puked her milk and afterwhich, she hardly keeps her food down. It was a trying time for me and daddyhan. Not to mentioned we were ripped off of 45 euros for a 10min ride by a ^%$%#$ cabby(coz lyn puke in the car, but it was only water, and most of it actually landed on daddy's lap)
We regretted the ride but we didnt have much choice coz we were rushing to meet our Vatican City Tour. Lyn subsequently vomitted in the Raphael's room and oso at the famous spiral staircase of the vatican. Hurhurhur.
We stay indoors the next day and did nothing but sleep, so she could rest. We also miss the day trip that I booked to visit the Pompeii, which disappoints me greatly, but her previous brush with intussusception taught me to be more careful and not take it too lightly when a child is sick.
Nonetheless, it was a nice and memorable trip. Im sure lyn had as much fun coz she was eating gelato at least 2x daily. Hehehehe.
Also, kudos to daddyhan for carrying a stroller on his shoulder, a very heavy backpack, and 2 ridiculously heavy luaggage. I could only managed the baby in the beco in the front with a heavy diaper haversack on my back. Imagine, we travelled Italy via rail. All the load he had to lug on and off the train with no help.
He is the man who made the trip happened.
My dearest zhuzhu gave birth to the cutiest little worm and I thank the lord for making it happen and may she be blessed with all the good things in life. Both big and small worms.
Despite my phobia of handling a vehicle(I started learning manual driving in 2004, but gave up after a lesson coz I was freaked,)I took up driving lessons again solely for the intention to ferry lyn around. This place is pretty ulu to walk out to take public transport.
I overcomed my fear and passed my test on the 1st attempt on 10 Oct.
Daddyhan bought me a 2nd hand black pug a month later.
I'd have really love to have that white mazda 2 or swift instead, but the man knows his maths and thinks the pug is a better deal.
Daddyhan gave me a watch last month. Something I never wished for coz Im not a watch person and have not been wearing one for the last... dunno how many years.
It is a really expensive watch with 10 diamond on its face. No brainer to guess the brand, and it has a clasp that looks like a cockle/scallop. Hahhaah.
I prepared and cooked for 17 adults and 6 tods on Christmas day single handedly with daddyhan helping to wash up. Everyone is amazed that I can cook(I am amazed too!) and loves my food.
I am so pleased with my perfomance because the dinner party was planned on a 2-3 day notice.
Daddyhan told me he is so proud of me and that made me.. proud la. Hehhehe.
My christmas menu is listed below, so I can read back in future and reminisce the achivements I made that night.
Stew beef with red wine.
Baked lampChops.
Baked whole chicken(hahah, this one from Cold storage!)
Baked honey garlic pork ribs
Baked potatos with herbs
Baked vegetable with sun dried tomatoes(pepper, zuchinis, eggplants, carrots etc)
Winnie the pooh pasta in chicken cream
Winnie the pooh pasta in tomato sauce
Prawn Alio Olio
Brussel Sprouts with Shitakii in white wine and bacon cream.
Chocolate cupcakes
Black forest Chocolate Roulade (which turn out so ugly coz it collasped and had me so embarassed, but surprisingly, was rather good and 3/4 of it was polished within mins.=D)
Heh. Can you feel my swelling pride after seeing the extensive list? =D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hi Alice
ReplyDeleteFinally you are updating your blog and Welcome BACK!! For me, I'm just using FB to keep track of my little one progress!!! ha ha
BTW, you stop your PT job liao, too time consuming izzit??
I'm sure 2010 will be another great year for you and your family! Keep posting :-)
- Serene
Yo!
ReplyDeleteya, left the company liao. My PT job became almost like a FT job and hb issued warning letter to me to quit it coz its taking too much of my time and I neglected my family.
alice! what was ur PT job like? intro to me? :p
ReplyDelete