Friday, October 5, 2007

The Children's Day baby


Finally.
I'm officially a mummie.
Baby Aralynn was born on the 1st Oct thru a C section. Still feel rather sore at not being able to go thru a natural delivery, but aiya, what's most important is baby is safe. Hope for my next birth, a vaginal delivery is possible.
Wt.3.26kg lenght.50cm head.36cm
No huff and puff stories to tell since she was conveniently carried out from my stomach. However, I was told by the anesthetist, that when I was sedated for the adminstration of the epidural, I was blabbering about clam chowders. Yes, Clam Chowders. I have absolutely no idea why I'm on that topic, and I highly suspect I probably blabbered more than I should, tho the doc assured me that I didnt. Im sure the docs and nurses are used to such nonsenses, but I really hope I did not divulged anything more than I should.
After epidural was put in, I was still blabbering away. I remembered telling the nurses to go next door (another operating theatre!) to fetch me a mirror, so I can see the operation. I even went on to blabber that my dentist was kind enuff to provide me a mirror when I wanna look into my bloody mouth during the extraction of my wisdom tooth. I was really trying hard to convice them that Im not afraid at the sight of blood and I really wanna see the process of my baby's birth.
When M was led into the theatre after changing into the sterile gown, he was told by the nurses that 'Your wife is talking alot". When he stepped into the theatre, my gynae told him the same thing.
During the operation, I keep urging M to pop over the other side to see whats inside me. He claims he saw my thick layer of fats underneath my skin, like the pork belly sold in Giant. I was told that I kept pulling down the green sterile cloth divider that was placed around my ribs, much to the annoyance of my gynae, who had to keep flipping it up. I must have really wanted to see my baby's birth badly.
When Aralyn was born, I cried. I didnt expect myself to cry, but the tears just flowed uncontrollably. She was screaming so loudly that the gynae commented she is a loud baby. Shit, must have inherited that from me. Anyway, After M cut her cord, she was wrapped up and plonked on my chest. She looked just like an angel. A wet angel. A brawling wet angel.
I cannot believe this thing came out of me, and is for me to keep.
I seriously cant remember much. What happened that day remains fuzzy in my mind.
Must be the sedatives, or like what the anesthetist called it, Champagne shooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment