Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Confinement Woes

My confinement is finally coming to an end next wednesday. Time really flies and Aralyn is gg to be one month old soon. The confinement lady(CL) whom was recommended by M's sister in law(SIL) hinted to us on monday, whether are we gg to extend her service by asking how much goceries do we need to buy to last till to. Told her blankly to buy enuff till the day she leave. Think she got the message and, thus ended the conversation.
Yesterday, M asked if Im keen to extend her services for another 2 weeks. He said I still look very tired and thinks that with 2 more weeks of help, I'll be able to rest more. I wasnt keen on the idea at all, coz Im beginning to find her a tad irritating. Just last night, during dinner, she asked how long will we take, coz we told her we'll be gg to Jurong Point to run some errand. I asked "Whats the matter?" to which she gave a cheeky grin and said " Its been a long time since I went to JP, feel like joining you guys too, if its a quick one."
I stared down at my rice and kept quiet, to which she continued "There's this particular shop there that I like, and whenever Im in Singapore, I'd find time to go down there and shop for clothes.", and she went on to blabbler abt how much she like the clothes there.
"Can bring bb go out oreadi meh?",I asked.
"Can! Can bring out oreadi loh!"
I think M must have been pissed, coz he suddenly said in a rude sort of tone, "Im going for a haircut, its gg to take sometime."
Auntie(CL) probably felt something was amiss and said "Nvm, nvm, just asking only, thought I'd join you all if its a quick one, but since you are getting a hair cut. then its okie la."
This episode sealed her fate.
M is not going to renew her.

There have been many times that I felt like punching her face, or kicking her you-know-where. I could have easily asked her to leave, you may say, but I kinda couldnt. You see,
1stly, she came thru recommendations from M's SIL.(and she was still raving to me, how good Auntie is. -.-)
2ndly, she is very close to the 1st SIL.
3rdly, she have been the CL for his 1st and 2nd SILs.
4thly, if there is going to be anymore births in the family, its her face that we'll be seeing again.
Terminating her services prematurely =probably will kena criticize by 1st SIL = embarrassment if we see her again in future, coz we definitely will, if anyone in the family gets pregnant again.
Its a good thing I have a supportive hubby for me to rant my head off abt her, else I'd have probably gotten the postnatal blues.

She does have her good points, which is, she whips up really yummy food. Oily, but its yummy. Confinement food is supposed to be pretty oily anyway. She also have a way with the baby. She always seems to be able to soothe her right to sleep, whereas when it comes to our turn to pacify her, it always seems so difficult. I think thats abt it. No more good points abt her.

Now, she got tons of things I can scream my head off at her for!

  • Once, when I was changing bb's diaper coz its wet, I noticed that she didnt clean lyn's groin area properly, so I wiped it down with wet wipes and it came up yellow! POO STAINS! I went on to wipe her vagina and it came up dirty too! To add on to my frustrations, there were abit of poo poo on the cap of the diaper barrier cream! She is so dirty!
  • She tried feeding lyn immediately after a diaper change, without washing her hands 1st.
  • She likes to overfeed my baby too. There have been a few times I caught her trying to feed baby with more milk than she shld be drinking, to which she will insist that its only normal for the little one to be drinking so much. Everytime the baby cry, she will insist that baby is hungry. Once, baby continued crying after she was fed. She said I gave too little milk, so she insisted I give her more, end up lyn drank like 100ml in total. Shortly, she threw up most of the milk, and continued crying. Turns out she wanted to be cuddled after the feed and it wasnt becoz she is hungry. She was only a week+ old.
  • She mops the oily kitchen, RINSE the mop with just water, then mop the WHOLE hse with that mop.
  • She turned my kitchen into grease heaven. Im not refering to that 80s' musical.
  • She dropped a clean storage cup onto the oily floor and rinse it before putting it back. Turned back to see if anyone is looking, saw me looking at her, then rewash the said storage cup with soap this time.
  • She walked into my bedroom just now, when I was on the phone and patting lyn in the living room. When she came out and saw me looking at her( I had my back to her earlier on), she said something like " Oh oh, never see ur room before! Just see see"
  • She is nosey and likes to ask how much did we pay for the dog, how much is the cats, how much is the plasma tv, how much is this, how much is that.
  • Likes to comment that I didnt pour 100ml of milk into the storage cup, coz when she pours it out into the milk bottle, its only 95ml or slightly more.
  • Always insist I pour more milk into a storage cup, but when baby can't finish, she throws the excess away! HALLO! My nipples is so sore from all the pumping, even wearing a bra hurts! Treasure my milk lah! She can always pour more out from other cups, if a feed is not enough. Why insist I pump more into each cup and then throw away the excess when baby couldnt finish?
  • Clean lyn's neck earlier on, and it was smelly and dirty, with a thick glob of sticky stuff btwn the folds of her neck, and she OREADY had her bath!
  • Use her fingers to brush the french beans that was stuck to the covering lid of the plate, back to the plate. Yucks. Also duno those fingers clean or not. Made a remark when I saw her did that, and she replied that she had oreadi washed her hands. "Auntie not so dirty one you know, I washed my hands just now liao. How can handle food with dirty hands?" Yeah rite.
Many more irritating things she did, and too much to write abt. I think we have been really nice to her. We always buy her what she likes to eat if we go out. Buy her chinese papers to read, lest she get bored . So many things we have done for her, but she isnt appreciative.
Hate her.
Happier note, She'll be gone next wednesday. YAY! \0/

No comments:

Post a Comment