So this little munchkin is a girl! Had already decided a girl's name when she was just 5 weeks old... n i think most likely its going to stay.
Angelyn did surprised us by being a gal! All along I felt I could be having a boy as the difference of discomforts and cravings between missy n angie is huge! Daddyhan obviously placed very high hopes that its gg to be a boy and I think he was extremely disappointed when he realised we're having another angel. I already anticipated that he will be disappointed but I didnt expect him to be THAT disappointed. He actually lost his cool with missy twice and was in denial when I confronted him abt it. Really upsets me with his behaviour.
On top of dealing with his disappointment, I had to deal with some insensitive and nonsensical remarks from frds. Instead of geuninely sharing my joy of having a baby girl, they commented that I shld try for a 3rd one or say things with hints of consolation that its not a boy. I felt that they could have watch their usage of words better than to shoot their mouth. I have and always wanted a sister for missy if I were to get pregnant again. I thought it was an open fact but it seems like all my frds do not think so and try to impose their own set of thinking onto me. It really gets on my nerves. If I were to defend back, they may think I am trying to cover up my disappointment with pretended joy. If I dun speak up, I felt damn unjustified. Either way I lose. So there, I ended up here ranting away.
Midway during this entry, daddyhan came home. He said he is over the disappointment and I agreed to put his "bad behaviour" behind us. He had already broke the news to the inlaws, and MIL was very happy. MIL said she already guessed that #2 is a girl. FIL, as usual, said the niceties, but daddyhan said he shld be feeling alittle disappointed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i always feel that same gender siblings will bond better than diff gender ones. but anyway, gender really doesnt matter so long the little one is healthy! ignore those insensitive/tactless remarks, they are not worth your time!!
ReplyDeletehey dearie... i totally understand how u feel. itz funny how some pple simply DUN get it.. tsk.. i shared with fabian the great news and he said itz fantastic! (rem how we were hoping our #2 is a girl too?) hahahaha.. cheer up to mike! life's super good with 2 beautiful, sensitive and sensible daughters k?
ReplyDeletethanks girls. I think most of the time, like jessie had said, only mummies will want same gender kids.
ReplyDeleteHb isnt moody anymore, but I can somehow sensed that he is still a bit upset abt it if I bring it up. Its still really hard to change his hainanese ego n mentality that every hainanese man shld have at least a son.