Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A trip to the PD

Ning's rashes gotten worse and I couldnt help but feel very upset looking at her body. It seems to be spreading, and it looks really red and angry. Brought her to Kidslink at Jurong East after realising the popular docter at CCK is on leave. She was diagnosed with eczema. Dr Y Y Yip at Gleneagles told me the same, but the meds he gave wasnt that effective in controlling it. She started scratching her chest alittle, which I have never notice before. She was given steroids, moisturiser and oral anti histamine.
Then the PD which is also a cardiologist dropped the bomb.
"She got heart murmurs"
I was strangely very calm when I heard that. I guess it kinda didnt register into my mind. He advised a scan to be done but also warned abt the cost. I left the clinic after collecting her meds and my mind was in a haze. I called daddyhan and told him the situation. He advised we go ahead with the scan to determine if there is a hole in her heart.
I walked back to the clinic and had the scan done. Thru out the scanning, the doc kept frowning. I was worried sick but concentrated on holding ning down and distracting her with the water bottle.
Then he broke the silence.
"She is okay."
"She is okay? You mean she is cleared?"
"Yep."
I never felt so relieved! I was SO HAPPY! I felt like bursting into tears of joy but senses got the better of me and I asked him more qns regarding the scan. PD said that she prob got very fast flowing blood, hence created some sounds in her heart. Not to worry coz the most impt thing is NO HOLES!
Thank God!
Called daddyhan immediately and almost broke into tears. Can hear that he was just as relieved.
Paid 400+ in total for medical fees(-.-"), and was given a report with cheem cheem medical terms. At the bottom of the report says "Functional Murmurs"
Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment