Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

Received news on the 23rd that my dad passed away. I was never close to him, but I always remembered him as the stern father who is a great cook as well. I still can remember fondly, how yummy his battered pork chop taste like, and I still remember the smile he had on his face when he open his door when he sees me. I was told by my nephew that ah gong is very gender biased, which I agree, coz I know the smile on his face when he sees me is becoz he had not seen me for a long time, as I only go back to stay with him during the june/dec sch holidays. I always felt he love my bro more than me. Infact, there isnt any photos of him carrying me when I was a baby, but my bro has his.



Nevertheless, the news of his demise got to me and I cried. I do not know if I cried becoz I love him or becoz he is dead. I guess its kinda a mixture of both.
Somehow, with his death, a chapter of my life got its closure and Im happy that it did. It also brought me closer to my 6 other siblings and I hope our relationships will improve over time, for its too soon to tell.



Daddyhan gave ning an empty drink packet and she was trying to work the straw.


We can see she is pretty pleased here.




Managed to sip up some of the leftovers and enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Alice, I am sorry to hear about your loss. We too just lost a loved one thus please take care.

    ReplyDelete