Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Boo boo at work

Lyn had a deep cut on her left index finger yesterday.
It happened in the office when MIL was preparing her milk. She found a piece of broken glass on the floor, which was from the jar she broke some weeks back. Dun ask me why the broken glass was still in the room.
MIL, upon seeing the bub holding the piece of glass in her hand, panicked. We do not know what happened, but assumed she must have pulled the glass out of her clutch, thus, resulting in the cut which is almost as long as the finger itself.
When daddyhan called to inform me of the news, I was still in dreamland. I literally jumped off the bed, and started screaming down the phone hysterically. When he came to pick me up to the PD's office, lyn who was seated quietly in the carseat immediately held out her finger to me n cry. So heartbreaking to see her like that!
In the clinic, the PD pressed on her finger so hard to stop the bleed and she was crying so loudly and pitifully. She literally screamed herself hoarse and it was a struggle to hold her down. The look in her eyes was fearful and they pleaded for some intervention. It was really very very heartbreaking to see her in pain.
The wound is 2-3mm deep and one can imagine how deep that is for a little finger like hers. On top of the pressure press, the PD also massaged n pried open the wound alittle to check and make sure no foreign objects remain inside the wound. That must have hurt like hell.
Tissue glue was applied twice, coz the 1st application didnt held on fast. After dressing was done, I stood up and lyn immediately waved byebye to the PD. We all broke out into laughters. She must have been dying to leave the room.
So far, all is well now, but she still hold up her finger n whine every now and then.




Good news for yesterday was, my shipment of Crocs came in, and I think they made a packing mistake coz I found an extra pair of the minnie jane I ordered! Woot!


=D

No comments:

Post a Comment