Saturday, May 31, 2008

1st day without daddyhan

Daddyhan left for greece yesterday night.
Started the day feeling weird. Maybe its the excitement that its my 1st time alone with ning. Maybe its the fear and worries that I might not be able to handle. Maybe its the heart thats already beginning to long for him. I guess its a mixture of all.
Agreed to have dinner with the in laws. Daddyhan was shocked at my decision, coz I NEVER had dinner with the in laws without him before. They arranged to pick me and the bub up at 645pm, which kinda coincides with her dinner, so to solve the prob, I decided to bring forward her dinner.
After her milk at around 4pm, I went to check on her porridge which is cooked from pork broth thats been boiled and simmered for the entire afternoon. I added spinach, sweet potatoes & carrots. The end result was something Im very proud of.
At 5ish, I decided to feed her the porridge, so that I can bathe her in time to leave the hse at 645pm.
Bad mistake.
I shld have seen the signs! She took a mouthful and gave me the look of distaste. I tot its becoz thats her 1st time tasting pork broth, so I ignore her looks and spooned her another mouthful. She opened her mouth as usual, so taking the cue from her, I feed her again even when she made that gagging sound.
And she puked. Merlion is a better word, for her puke came out projectile style, exactly like the merlion. 3 streams of milk+porridge flew out of her and landed all over the place. Somehow I managed to stay calm and cleaned her up, and I was rewarded with funny faces from her & her sunshine smile. Knowing that she was being overfed instead of being sick somehow put me at ease. I really miss daddyhan at that point of time, for he will always clean up such yucky situations for me.
After dinner, I washed up the mess she made, played with her, let her pull my hair, let her destroy n tear my latest issue of Motherhood mag, put her to bed, washed her bottles, sterilised them, hung out the laundries and did the dishes.
Felt so accomplished in a way that Im holding up the fort well thus far. =)
Waiting for daddy to call in an hrs time or so. Miss him so!

No comments:

Post a Comment